Social Media: How to Create an Effective Influencer or Advertising Campaign
- 27 Mar 2020 · 9:30AM - 4:30PM
- Seminar Room
- Event type
Ready to take your social media to the next level? This one-day workshop is perfect for jewellers and silversmiths who are looking to drive sales from Instagram and Facebook and are willing to invest in tactics such as paid advertising and working with influencers.
We all know that Instagram is a great way to attract and engage with consumers, but with most jewellery brands now having a social media presence, and with over 25 million active Instagram business accounts competing to get themselves noticed, how do you make your brand stand out from the crowd? Many people have success using influencers – who are influential instagram users promoting others’ brands and products –Influencers to engage new audiences, but how do you engage influencers in the first place?
Social media consultant and trainer Alison Battisby will show you how to create campaigns designed to generate sales, use Instagram Stories to attract premium customers, and create an influencer outreach programme designed to spread awareness.
“The standard of teaching and information was brilliant. Alison was very very helpful!”
What will I learn?
This workshop has been designed for jewellers and silversmiths who sell direct to consumers and have used Instagram for a little while but want to take it to the next level. The workshop will involve practical tasks including using your marketing assets to create a professional Instagram Story, and setting up a social media advertising campaign in Facebook Advertising Manager – all aimed at helping to increase your online sales.
Key topics include:
- Tips on creating professional Instagram Stories designed to engage customers
- Best practice guidance on creating an influencer outreach programme
- How to identify the right influencers for your business
- How to run a social media competition in order to attract and engage audiences, grow awareness of your business and increase purchase intent from potential customers.
- How to create Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns using Ads Manager
- Using advertising strategically to support key brand moments – including launches & premieres
- What is a Facebook tracking Pixel and why should you incorporate one into your website
- How to create ‘Custom’ and ‘Lookalike’ audiences, maximise the value from your existing audience, and reach entirely new people
- Best practice guidance on advertising content in Facebook, Instagram and Stories- including sounds, carousels & video
- How to measure your advertising return on investment (ROI) and track online sales
What do I need to bring with me?
A working smartphone, tablet or laptop with internet or WIFI connection
At least 3 product photographs to use in an advertising campaign – the campaign won’t go live, so these are just needed for demonstration purposes
Details of your Instagram business account, Facebook Business Page and Facebook Advertising account with the ability to log into all three – these are all necessary to run ads on Instagram and track website activity. If you do not already have these, please look at the following guidance:
Setting up an Instagram Business account
Setting up a Facebook Business Page
Setting up a Facebook Advertising account
Is lunch included?
A light lunch and refreshments are included in the ticket price - a great way to network with like-minded people.
Who is this course designed for?
Intermediate - Suitable for people who have already completed our beginner's Instagram course.or can demonstrate a good knowledge of organic social media.
Who is the tutor?
Alison Battisby is a digital marketing instructor and social media expert with over 10 years’ experience. Founder and Managing Director of Avocado Social, Alison is an accredited She Means Business Facebook trainer, and has provided training and consultancy for a number of high-profile brands including Estee Lauder, Interflora, Tesco, John Lewis and the BBC, as well as countless small and growing businesses.
The Goldsmiths’ Centre has been working with Alison to apply her knowledge and experience to our industry. Alison has been delivering our social media business courses for over a year, supporting start-up and established jewellers and silversmiths.
For information on the Goldsmiths' Centre's Buyer Policy, including refunds, please follow this link