Presentation, Painting and Stone Design for the Jewellery Industry
- 14 May 2020 - 22 May 2020 · 10:00AM - 4:00PM
- £299, 4 days (Thu 14, Fri 15, Thu 21 and Fri 22 May 2020)
- Design Space
- Event type
- Link Membership, Student & Apprentice Membership, Tutor & Trainer Membership, Gold Membership
Colourful gemstones are eye-catching adornments in jewellery. In this four-day short course you will learn how to create to-scale illustrative drawings to full-colour presentative images of gem stones in jewellery design.
Led by freelance multi award-winning designer of jewellery and objet d’art, Jennifer Bloy FRSA FIPG, this short course will introduce you to the concepts of stone design and will attempt to cover as many different types of cuts as possible within the four days. You will explore the interpretation of these stones by incorporating them into a simple jewellery design.
With limited spaces, it offers you the chance to get individual guidance suited to your needs.
What will I learn?
- To recognise different cuts of stones
- To draw stones for design purposes
- To produce rendered images of stones
What do I need to bring with me?
The Goldsmiths’ Centre provides all materials needed for the course, but you are welcome to bring your own materials with which to experiment on each day.
Who is this course designed for?
- Beginner: No practical experience or understanding of the listed skill required
- Intermediate: Some practical experience and basic understanding of the listed skill required
This course is suitable for emerging to established jewellery designers and craftspeople.
Who is the tutor?
Jennifer Bloy FRSA FIPG is a freelance multi award-winning designer of jewellery and object d’art specialising in hand painted presentation designs and technical drawings. She has created pieces for Royalty and rock stars and is as happy designing an engagement ring as designing gold binoculars. Her work ranges from pieces of fashion jewellery made for a few pounds to exclusive gifts retailing for many thousands. Jennifer is a Fellow of the Institute of Professional Goldsmiths (IPG) and is on the Goldsmiths’ Craft and Design Council. She is currently lecturing in design on the Foundation Programme at the Goldsmiths’ Centre.