Instagram: How to Establish a Strong Presence for Your Brand
- 07 Feb 2020 · 9:30AM - 4:30PM
- £99 (includes lunch)
- Seminar Room
- Event type
How do you make Instagram work for your business? In this one-day workshop tailored to jewellers and silversmiths, social media consultant and trainer Alison Battisby will show you how to create and implement an effective strategy for your brand on one of the world’s most popular social media networks, Instagram.
Instagram now has over 1 billion users worldwide and provides a great place to engage customers and tell your story. Instagram is also increasingly used by consumers to discover new talent and brands, and to shop for products.
Goldsmiths’ Company research found that Fine Jewellery consumers increasingly use Instagram to discover new designers and their work.
“Instagram seemed very scary until now. Alison was so helpful and clear with her teaching methods. Excellent course – thank you Alison!”
What will I learn?
This one-day workshop has been designed for jewellers and silversmiths who are relatively new to Instagram and sell direct to consumers. It includes include group and individual exercises focused around your own business and, if you are brave enough, a chance to review your own social media profile with the group!
Key topics include:
- Setting meaningful objectives for your Instagram presence
- Profiling your target audience
- Making your Instagram profile more discoverable for potential visitors
- How to set up an Instagram shopping
- Best practice on Instagram stories
- How to communicate effectively and ‘find your voice’
- Content creation strategies including tips for photo and video editing
- Goldsmiths’ Company research results – what content will work best for consumers of Fine Jewellery and Contemporary Silver
- Tips on growing your community using hashtags, engagement and influencers
- Using the built-in Instagram analytical tools
- How to get started with paid-for promotions in Instagram – A guide to setting up and using promoted posts, part of Instagram Ads.
What do I need to bring with me?
- A working smartphone, tablet or laptop with internet or wifi connection
- Details of your Instagram business account and the ability to log in to it (you will need to create an account prior to the course, if you don’t already have one – here is the guidance on how to set one up)
Is lunch included?
A light lunch and refreshments are included in the ticket price - a great way to network with like-minded people.
Who is this course designed for?
Beginner - suitable for people with no previous social media training, but who are current users of Instagram. You need to have a working business account on Instagram – business accounts have different features to personal accounts. The course does not feature social media platforms other than Instagram.
Who is the tutor?
Alison Battisby is a digital marketing instructor and social media expert with over 10 years’ experience. Founder and Managing Director of Avocado Social, Alison is an accredited She Means Business Facebook trainer, and has provided training and consultancy for a number of high-profile brands including Estee Lauder, Interflora, Tesco, John Lewis and the BBC, as well as countless small and growing businesses.
The Goldsmiths’ Centre has been working with Alison to apply her knowledge and experience to our industry, and this course includes insights from the Goldsmiths’ Company research programme into consumers of Fine Jewellery and Contemporary Silver. Alison recently delivered a social media seminar for our Getting Started programme to 30 start-up jewellers and silversmiths.