How to produce high-quality videos on your smartphone using iDEC® – Online course for Jewellers
- 14 Jul 2022 - 24 Dec 2022 · Self-paced, year-round enrolment
- £199 (10 modules, 3 months access), Discounted Group rates available
- Event type
Video is having a major moment for brands in the jewellery industry right now. If you want harness the power of video to tell your story, connect with customers and grow your business to ultimately make more sales, it’s time to start creating your own videos. Whether you are capturing a promo for your website, a short Instagram Reel or content for your YouTube channel, this self-paced online course will give you the step-by-step skills to shoot, edit and brand high-quality video content simply using the smartphone in your pocket.
Introduced by jewellery journalist Rachael Taylor and taught by broadcast professionals John Dixon, Danny Sullivan and Ralph Tittley from Brightest Bulb, you will learn to make your own high-quality promotional videos, with minimal cost, that tell your story and bring your jewellery brand to life.
What will I learn?
This self-paced online course hosted by the Goldsmiths’ Centre offers you the unique opportunity to learn from content:
- presented by expert instructors with years of teaching experience and in-depth knowledge
- specially designed for the jewellery, silversmithing and allied industries
- in your own time and at your own pace with unlimited access from anywhere in the world over 3 months. Tutorial videos can be paused and replayed as often as you wish to enhance your knowledge.
- through practical exercises, which see you try out your new video creation skills in your own studio or workshop. By the end of course you will have produced your very own promotional video for your business, telling the story behind your brand.
The ten modules will take you on a learning journey from complete beginner to confident practitioner and cover:
|Module 1||Introduction to camera work|
|Module 2||Editing video|
|Module 3||Creating montages|
|Module 4||Directing and creating sequences|
|Module 5||Editing sequences|
|Module 6||Creating 'how to' content|
|Module 7||Creating a caption-led promotional video for your business|
|Module 8||Presenting to camera|
|Module 9||Editing a piece to camera|
|Module 10||Macro photography (taking close-up still images)|
This course uses the Brightest Bulb’s proven iDEC® (individual, Director, Editor, Cameraperson) teaching method – providing you with all the skills key skillsets that are needed to create engaging and professional looking video. Brightest Bulb have delivered iDEC training to the UK and Scottish governments, as well as organisations and businesses as diverse as University of Warwick, BMW, the FSB and Barclays, along with hundreds of SME’s and sole traders.
Want to discover if this self-paced online course is right for you?
Like to find out if this self-paced online course is right for you?
Want to book more than one space?
If you would like to sign up your team or multiple users onto this course, please do email us with details and get in touch with our box office team for rates at email@example.com
How do I access this course online?
Hosted on the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle), the course can be accessed on any computer or smartphone with internet connection and a mainstream web browser, or using the free Moodle App.
To get the most from the course, you will also need:
- A stable internet connection
- A smartphone and/or tablet
- Two apps, which are needed throughout the course for basic filming and editing skills: Filmic Pro (£12.99) and Kinemaster (£3.49 per month or £18.49 per year).
- You may also wish to purchase some basic equipment for your business, once you have watched the relevant module in the course, such as a phone cradle, mini tripod, and a tie clip microphone
Who is the course designed for?
Whether you have never created videos before or it’s already part of your job, this course will help you to create your own videos to raise your brand’s profile and connect with potential customers or team members via social media, web or selling opportunities.
Can I receive financial support to access this course?
We believe that talent should not be held back. Here at the Goldsmiths’ Centre, we are open, accessible and inclusive to all. Our Access Grants help anyone to build thriving creative careers, supporting jewellers, silversmiths and allied industry practitioners to access our training courses for free.
If you need help to cover fees for our business and technical skills short courses, please apply for one of our Access Grants. To find out more and read our application criteria, click here:
The Access Grants are delivered by the Goldsmiths' Centre and funded by the Goldsmiths’ Company Charity.