Getting Started 2023 Online
- 20 Mar 2023 - 24 Mar 2023 · All day
- Free for those who successfully apply, (up to 100 places)
- Online (via Zoom)
- Event type
Are you a jeweller, silversmith or skilled craftsperson in the industry setting up your own business? Do you need support in developing your business skills? Getting Started could be the business taster course for you.
Celebrating 43 years, Getting Started is a free one-week introduction to business course for the most talented UK designers, designer makers and skilled craftspeople in the jewellery, silversmithing and allied industries.
Delivered completely online, this course will help you to get to grips with the fundamentals of setting up a successful business. Every session covers topics from managing and promoting your business, developing your product to successfully selling your work in person and online. Through live webinars and talks, leading industry experts will give you the benefits of their experience, so you can get a head start in your chosen creative career.
Do I need particular skills or experience to apply?
We seek applicants from across the industry who have come through a variety of training and learning routes. Please apply if you are/have:
- aspiring to start, or have recently started your own business or self-employment in the jewellery industry, whether as a designer, designer maker, or other skilled craftsperson
- completed an accredited Precious Metal course or a jewellery industry apprenticeship in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- residing in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- available to attend the online course and have access to a reliable internet connection
You will need to have the ambition to kick start your own business or career; and be proactive and engaged within the jewellery, silversmithing and allied industries.
Applications open this winter. Be the first to hear when by registering your interest for the course.