Apprentice to Masterpiece: The Work of the Goldsmiths' Apprentices
- 07 Apr 2022 - 09 Jun 2022 · Mon - Fri, 9AM - 6PM
- Free admission
- Event type
For over 700 years, Goldsmiths’ Company apprentices have learnt their skills alongside experienced master craftspeople.
This showcase charts their 4-year journey and ‘Masterpieces’ of apprentices who completed their training and become Freemen of the Goldsmiths’ Company over the last 2 years. It also celebrates the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s role in managing the Apprenticeship Scheme, and the Foundation Programme that has provided initial training to many apprentices, since the Goldsmiths’ Centre opened ten years ago.
This exhibition celebrates and presents the ‘Masterpieces’ of:
- Harry Buckett a setter apprenticed to Lyndsey Mitchell at Brown & Newirth – @brownandnewirth
- Varis Prieditis a silver spinner apprentices to Stuart Ray at Stuart Ray Ltd - @stuartrayltd
- Harrison Siggers a diamond mounter apprenticed to Kevin Siggers at K A Siggers -Instagram: @siggers_jewellery
- Lewis Towens a silversmith apprenticed to Paul Towens at Ottewill Silversmiths and Jewellers Ltd – Instagram: @ottewillsilversmiths
- Robert Dean a diamond mounter apprenticed to David Webster at Garrard & Co Ltd. – Instagram: @garrard
- Carys Hindry a polisher apprentices to Gina Ashley at The Polishing Shop Ltd. – Instagram: @gina_ashley_fine_jewellery
- Adriana Klimentjevaite a diamond mounter apprenticed to Anton Kata at Kata Jewellery. – Instagram: @katajewellery
- Harry Lowe a silversmith apprenticed to Stephen Boorman at Asprey London Ltd. – Instagram: @aspreylondon
- Amelia Mackie a diamond mounter apprenticed to Jos Skeates at E C One. – Instagram: @econe_jewellery
- George Schembri a diamond mounter apprenticed to Andrew Wood at B & M Bijoux. – website: https://bmbijoux.com/
- Will Sullivan a silversmith apprenticed to Steve Ottewill at Ottewill Silversmiths and Jewellers Ltd. – Instagram: @ottewillsilversmiths
- Yasmin St Pierre a lapidary apprenticed to Roger Dunkin at Roger Dunkin Lapidary.
To find out more about the Goldsmiths’ Company Apprenticeship Scheme, visit www.goldsmiths-centre.org/courses/apprenticeships
Image credit: Silversmith Lewis Towen’s Masterpiece, Gentleman’s Box with scent bottle, pen, cufflinks, rings, watch plinth and mother of pearl clock, crafted whilst apprenticed to Paul Towens at Ottewill Silversmiths and Jewellers Ltd