Business Diagnostic and Advice for Jewellers and Silversmiths
- 10 Apr 2024 · 9:30AM - 4:30PM
- £149 (5 places), 1 hour private session
- Online (via Zoom), UK Time, Bookings close 20 March 2024
- Programme type
- Business Skills Training
Do you want to seize the future and grow your emerging jewellery or silversmithing business in the UK? Or have you been running your business for a while, and need support to gain traction? Our Diagnostic and Advice sessions are a first practical step to help you figure out where your business stands right now and what to do to take it to the next level.
Spend time with our high-profile industry panel, including jewellery consultant Liz Olver and fine jeweller Ellis Mhairi Cameron, as part of an online Diagnostic session and access invaluable business advice and understand your growth potential. Receive your own tailored Diagnostic Report, ensuring you don’t waste precious time or resources before making critical decisions for your business.
Use your time with the expert panel to explore any area of your business or practice. For example, this is your chance to:
- understand your business’ strengths and weaknesses and discover opportunities.
- develop priorities and an action plan for your business.
- get your jewellery products or creative ideas reviewed.
- get an insight into how to make your jewellery brand stand out.
- determine your training or coaching needs.
“Having such a candid discussion with experts allowed me to see my work though fresh eyes and has allowed me to focus my efforts in directions best suited to the products I make. 10/10 would recommend and have recommended to a friend.””
You will complete a:
- Pre-Session Questionnaire: You will need to complete a short questionnaire no later than 2 weeks before the Industry Panel session you have booked on to takes place. You will be asked to tell us all about your business and which areas you would like help with or which areas you would like to discuss during your session with the industry expert panel. To see what questions the questionnaire includes, download our Pre-Session Questionnaire Guide and click here
- Diagnostic Session – Online (via Zoom): 1-hour in conversation with our expert industry panel (which will be recorded and shared with you along with your report) will give you the chance to discuss and explore your business challenges that you expressed in your questionnaire.
- Diagnostic Report: Receive a short report within two weeks* along with the recorded Diagnostic session. The report will include your pre-session questionnaire results, the key areas and advice discussed with the industry expert panel in the Diagnostic session. We can also signpost you to training and online resources to help you put the advice into action.
*We will get the report back to you within 10 working days from completion of your Diagnostic session.
We believe that talent should not be held back. Here at the Goldsmiths’ Centre, we are open, accessible and inclusive to all. Our Access Grants help anyone to build thriving creative careers, supporting jewellers, silversmiths and allied industry practitioners to access our training courses for free.
If you need help to cover fees for our business and technical skills short courses, please apply for one of our Access Grants. To find out more and read our application criteria, click here
The Access Grants are delivered by the Goldsmiths' Centre and funded by the Goldsmiths’ Company Charity.
Who is part of the industry expert panel?
Liz Olver is an experienced jewellery industry professional with a demonstrated history of working in the luxury jewellery industry. She is skilled in design and product development with expertise as a mentor, writer and educator and is adept in both the creative and commercial fields.
A former Director of Product Design at bespoke fine jewellery brand Vashi and Senior Lecturer on the BA (Hons) Jewellery Design course at Central Saint Martins, Liz moved from education when she joined the De Beers group in 2003 as Manager of Product Development, followed by a tenure at Links of London as Designer and the lead on Product Development. She then joined Annoushka as Design Director where she worked alongside the founder to fully realise the brand from both a development and design perspective during her 12 years with the brand.
A graduate of the Royal College of Art, Central Saint Martins, and the University of the Arts London, Liz is a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths and is the bestselling author of three international publications: The Art of Jewellery Design, Jewellery Making Techniques and The Jeweller’s Directory of Shape and Form.
Ellis Mhairi Cameron studied for a BA in Jewellery & Silversmithing at The Glasgow School of Art, before completing an MA in Jewellery Design at Central Saint Martins. Since launching her brand in 2018, Ellis now sells her work internationally, through showcases such as Goldsmiths Fair and Melee, and stockists such as Esqueleto, Sailor & Asrai Garden.
In 2021, Ellis was awarded Young Jewellery Designer of the Year at the UK Jewellery Awards. Her work has now been featured in articles and photoshoots in publications such as Vogue, JCK & Forbes.