Business Diagnostic and Advice for Jewellers and Silversmiths
- 11 Oct 2023 · 9:30AM - 4:15PM
- £149 (5 places), 1 hour private session
- Online (via Zoom), UK Time, Bookings close 27 September 2023
- Programme type
- Business Skills Training
Do you want to seize the future and grow your emerging jewellery or silversmithing business in the UK? Or have you been running your business for a while, and need support to gain traction? Our Diagnostic and Advice sessions are a first practical step to help you figure out where your business stands right now and what to do to take it to the next level.
Spend time with our high-profile industry panel, including jewellery consultant Liz Olver and fine jeweller Flora Bhattachary, as part of an online Diagnostic session and access invaluable business advice and understand your growth potential. Receive your own tailored Diagnostic Report, ensuring you don’t waste precious time or resources before making critical decisions for your business.
Use your time with the expert panel to explore any area of your business or practice. For example, this is your chance to:
- understand your business’ strengths and weaknesses and discover opportunities.
- develop priorities and an action plan for your business.
- get your jewellery products or creative ideas reviewed.
- get an insight into how to make your jewellery brand stand out.
- determine your training or coaching needs.
“The session provided me with a wealth of information and invaluable feedback which was directly informed by my own questionnaire and body of work. This tailored approach was what offered such great value for money, as did the sheer knowledge and level of experience of those who I was lucky enough to have on my panel. Would highly recommend!”
You will complete a:
- Pre-Session Questionnaire: You will need to complete a short questionnaire no later than 2 weeks before the Industry Panel session you have booked on to takes place. You will be asked to tell us all about your business and which areas you would like help with or which areas you would like to discuss during your session with the industry expert panel. To see what questions the questionnaire includes, download our Pre-Session Questionnaire Guide and click here
- Diagnostic Session – Online (via Zoom): 1-hour in conversation with our expert industry panel (which will be recorded and shared with you along with your report) will give you the chance to discuss and explore your business challenges that you expressed in your questionnaire.
- Diagnostic Report: Receive a short report within two weeks* along with the recorded Diagnostic session. The report will include your pre-session questionnaire results, the key areas and advice discussed with the industry expert panel in the Diagnostic session. We can also signpost you to training and online resources to help you put the advice into action.
*We will get the report back to you within 10 working days from completion of your Diagnostic session.
We believe that talent should not be held back. Here at the Goldsmiths’ Centre, we are open, accessible and inclusive to all. Our Access Grants help anyone to build thriving creative careers, supporting jewellers, silversmiths and allied industry practitioners to access our training courses for free.
If you need help to cover fees for our business and technical skills short courses, please apply for one of our Access Grants. To find out more and read our application criteria, click here
The Access Grants are delivered by the Goldsmiths' Centre and funded by the Goldsmiths’ Company Charity.
Who is part of the industry expert panel?
Liz and Flora will be joined by an additional industry expert.
Liz Olver is an experienced jewellery industry professional with a demonstrated history of working in the luxury jewellery industry. She is skilled in design and product development with expertise as a mentor, writer and educator and is adept in both the creative and commercial fields.
A former Director of Product Design at bespoke fine jewellery brand Vashi and Senior Lecturer on the BA (Hons) Jewellery Design course at Central Saint Martins, Liz moved from education when she joined the De Beers group in 2003 as Manager of Product Development, followed by a tenure at Links of London as Designer and the lead on Product Development. She then joined Annoushka as Design Director where she worked alongside the founder to fully realise the brand from both a development and design perspective during her 12 years with the brand.
A graduate of the Royal College of Art, Central Saint Martins, and the University of the Arts London, Liz is a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths and is the bestselling author of three international publications: The Art of Jewellery Design, Jewellery Making Techniques and The Jeweller’s Directory of Shape and Form.
Flora Bhattachary is a London based jeweller, creating inspired fine jewellery with a rich sense of pattern and colour. Flora launched her business in 2015 following a career in jewellery and an MA at Central St Martins. Flora explores beauty through vibrant gemstones, storytelling and a celebration of the joyous and artistic. She has a number of accolades including prestigious Goldsmiths Craft Design Awards and most recently New York Now's Best Handmade Product Award.
Flora creates fine jewellery inspired by her bohemian upbringing and an instinctive love of pattern and colour. Flora’s jewels are crafted from recycled gold and traceable gems in small editions from her studio in London. Alive with personal history and symbolism, Flora’s work is a journey through art and culture. Each piece tells a tale of inspiration and wonder, realised in distinctive style. Modern yet timeless, Flora makes recognisably bold yet feminine jewels.