Coronavirus (COVID-19) - latest update
Last updated: 27.04.2021
The Goldsmiths’ Centre remains open for business. However, the welfare of our visitors, learners, resident craftspeople and staff must always come first.
Following latest Government guidelines due to the COVID-19 situation, many of our adult educational programmes are available online and technical skills short courses have now resumed on-site. Our café is closed until further notice and our public toilets are now open.
Visitors to our commercial workshops
The Goldsmiths’ Centre is home to over 80 resident craftspeople. Visitors by appointment only can access our workshops from Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm.
As a visitor to the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s commercial workshops, you will need to check the opening times and availability of the service ahead of your visit. Please do take a look at our Online Directory to find their contact details and if not listed, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7566 7650.
- If you are unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, do not come to the Goldsmiths’ Centre. Stay at home.
- Make an appointment with the commercial workshop before you visit.
When you enter the building, you will be asked to follow these steps:
- Wear a face covering or mask when entering and moving around the building, and where physical distancing is not possible.
- Wait for a member of staff at our security window maintaining 1m physical distance.
- You will need to wait in reception for the person you are meeting so they can accompany you to their workshop.
- A one-way system is in place at the automatic barriers, so please follow the signage so you know which turnstile to use to enter and exit.
- The lift is restricted to 2 people at a time, with possible further measures to clean the buttons or other means of preventing contact. Please use the staircase as an alternative.
If you would like to purchase or commission a piece from any of our makers, please do take a look at our online directory or online shop Goldsmiths' Shop Talent
Ticketed events and short courses
Many of our events and courses are now available online. Our on-site delivery of technical skills short courses have resumed.
Once Government guidelines permit, please be assured that we have put all safety measures in place to welcome those attending out short courses on-site with extra care.
Visitors to our Bench Café
Our café is now closed for the foreseeable future.
Following recent government guidance, business meetings for work, training or education purposes can still take place for up to 30 people but only where the event cannot be delayed, where it is not possible to carry out the activity from home, and if physical distancing can be maintained.
From 12th April 2021 at the earliest, intimate weddings and receptions for up to 15 people can be hosted at the Goldsmiths' Centre.
From 17th May 2021 at the earliest, events hosting up to 50% of our venue capacity can take place.
Our venue continues to follow the COVID-19 guidance therefore welcomes you to consider holding your meeting in our bright and design-led Exhibition Room and Agas Harding Conference Room, whilst keeping safe. Please visit our Venue Hire page and get in touch with our events team for further details at email@example.com or call 020 7566 7699.
The Goldsmiths' Centre team
Our team is still available to contact as normal. We are here to listen to your needs and offer support, where we can, during COVID-19 and beyond through our digital channels where possible.
Please do not hesitate to email any staff member or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7566 7650 with any questions or suggestions as to how we can continue to support our community at this time. They will pass on your message to the correct staff member.
We’re immensely proud of our creative community, its sheer inventiveness and resilience, and we will be working hard to protect and nurture the UK’s jewellery, silversmithing and allied industries into the future.