Coronavirus (COVID-19) - latest update
Last updated: 4.11.2020
The Goldsmiths’ Centre remains open for business. However, the welfare of our visitors, learners, resident craftspeople and staff must always come first.
Following latest Government advice due to the COVID-19 situation, our on-site workshops remain open, but our café and public toilets are closed until further notice.
We continue to monitor government advice on COVID-19 and we will keep updating our safety procedures to ensure that we take extra care.
Visitors to our commercial workshops
The Goldsmiths’ Centre is home to over 80 resident craftspeople. Visitors by appointment can access our workshops from Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm. Our public toilets remain closed until further notice.
As a visitor to the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s commercial workshops, you will need to check the opening times and availability of the service ahead of your visit. Please do take a look at our online directory at www.goldsmiths-centre.org/community/our-craftspeople to find their contact details and if not listed, email us at email@example.com or call 020 7566 7650.
When you enter the building, you will be asked to follow these steps:
- If you are unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, do not come to the Goldsmiths’ Centre. Stay at home.
- Make an appointment with the commercial workshop before you visit.
- Wear a face covering or mask when entering and moving around the building, and where physical distancing is not possible.
- Wait for a member of staff at our reception or security window maintaining 1m physical distance.
- Sanitise your hands before accepting an access pass from our reception or security.
- A one-way system is in place at the automatic barriers, so please follow the signage so you know which turnstile to use to enter and exit.
- The lift is restricted to 2 people at a time, with possible further measures to clean the buttons or other means of preventing contact. Please use the staircase as an alternative.
If you would like to commission a piece from any of our makers, please do take a look at our online directory or online shop at www.goldsmiths-shop-talent.org
Ticketed events and short courses
Most our events and courses are now available online. The Government has advised that adult education settings can continue to deliver educaitonal programmes on site.
Please rest assured that we have put all safety measures in place to welcome those attending out short courses on-site with extra care.
Visitors to our Bench Café
Our café is now closed for the foreseeable future.
Following recent government guidance, business meetings and events may still take place with up to a total of 30 people if reasonably necessary - for example for the purposes of work that cannot be done at home - if physical distancing can be maintained.
Our venue continues to follow the COVID-19 guidance therefore welcome you to consider holding your meeting in our bright and expansive Exhibition Room and Agas Harding Conference Room, whilst keeping safe.
The Goldsmiths' Centre team
Our team is still available to contact as normal. We are here to listen to your needs and offer support, where we can, during COVID-19 and beyond through our digital channels where possible.
Please do not hesitate to email any staff member or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7566 7650 with any questions or suggestions as to how we can continue to support our community at this time. They will pass on your message to the correct staff member.