Mount Making and Gypsy Setting - SOLD OUT
Specialist Workshop, The Goldsmiths’ CentreDate:
24-Feb-17 to 25-Feb-17Opening Hours:
9.30am – 4pm, £250
Apply for ticket
This course is now sold out. We're running another Mount Making and Gypsy Setting course on 2 and 3 June 2017. Book now
This course offers fast track learning, top bench tips and invaluable tricks of the trade. It is ideal for intermediate-advanced learners. It has limited spaces for 8 participants and offers you the chance to get individual guidance suited to your needs.
Key study topics covered in the course include:
- How to successfully construct ‘settable’ mounts for six fancy shaped cubic zircona.
- Step-by-step demonstrations followed by a series of practical exercises to build confidence and develop an understanding around perfecting your mount construction.
- A quick solution to the Gypsy style of setting
- A session on tool making allowing each student to leave the course with their own personal set of tools that can be used to practice this technique in their workspaces
- Develop technique and hone skills whilst forming a deeper understanding of the relationship between precious gemstones and their mounts.
Sonia Cheadle is a designer-maker and the author of Mounting and Setting Stones (Design and Make). She is an experienced tutor having run a number of mounting and stone setting courses since 2004. Sonia has also established a reputation for fresh and innovative jewellery, exhibiting at both Made in Clerkenwell and Goldsmiths’ Fair. Contemporary but classic, she creates pieces using the highest quality of materials and finishing which embody simplicity and strength.
£250 per person. Please note that we cannot provide refunds.
This course is bookable via phone or at the reception desk at the Goldsmiths' Centre (EC1M 5AD). Please call 020 7566 7650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book or for more information.