Play a Part
The Goldsmiths’ Centre is more than just a building. We are registered charity and a social enterprise. Everyone can play a part in supporting the next generation of goldsmiths, promoting and sustaining the goldsmiths’ craft.
SUPPORTING YOUNG PEOPLE
Every year we offer free training to up to 10 young people aged 16 to 19 to enter a life-long career as a goldsmith. Many continue to develop their skills as an Apprentice. With over 400 years of history, we deliver the Goldsmiths’ Company Apprenticeship Scheme evaluating, providing additional training and support to over 30 talented and award-winning Apprentices.
HELPING BUSINESSES TO THRIVE
We support skilled craftspeople and businesses by providing access to 23 subsidised workshops and Starter Studios for start-up businesses. All occupants give back through their skills, expertise and time; teaching on our courses to speaking at events. Our annual and short courses are tailored to the needs of recent graduates and working goldsmiths offering business development to skills training.
GROWING PUBLIC INTEREST
Our exhibitions, specialist events, talks and classes focus on jewellery, silversmithing and the allied trades. The trade and interested members of the public are able to discover exceptional design and craftsmanship – demystifying the goldsmiths’ art from advanced hand skills to the application of new technology.
Everyone can play a part in supporting the next generation of goldsmiths. As an independent charity and Community Interest Company (CIC), your support goes back into nurturing, promoting and sustaining the goldsmiths’ craft. By hiring an event space, enjoying a meal in the café, giving your expertise or booking tickets for our programme, you are making a valuable contribution to the work of the Goldsmiths’ Centre.
Support the Goldsmiths’ Centre and its community through some of these activities:
- Attend one of our free exhibitions or events to help us to promote greater understanding of what it means to be a skilled craftsperson.
- Book onto our training courses and industry events to improve knowledge and skills in the industry.
- If you’re an experienced professional working in the trade, share your skills as a tutor, course leader or speaker on evening and Saturday classes for improvers; or mentor up and coming designer-makers and start-up businesses in both technical business capacities.
- Act as an ambassador for us among the trade; encourage students at schools or universities to apply for our courses.
- Support an Apprentice as their Master; or fund, mentor or offer work experience for our trainees on our Foundation Programme course.
- Eat, meet and relax in our café, Bench, in a buzzing, creative atmosphere. Every purchase helps to support our work.
- Hire one of our bright, flexible, purpose-built spaces in our award-winning venue.
- Sponsor a course, event or exhibition; fund our facilities and equipment working in partnership with us; or simply make a donation.
If you would like to make a contribution towards the Goldsmiths’ Centre and support our trainees and creative community, then contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 7566 7650. Let us know how you would like to help and we will put you through to the correct member of staff.